Experienced Defense from a Certified Criminal Specialist
When your freedom and your livelihood are at stake, you want to know that you’re criminal defense is in good hands. If you’re facing serious criminal charges, it pays to work with an El Paso criminal attorney with more then 40 years of experience, the highest credentials, and a track record of successful results in the courtroom.
Contact the El Paso, Texas criminal defense law office of Michael R. Gibson. I am Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a Certified Trial Specialist in New Mexico, and a Colorado, and before military courts, since 1964. I aggressively defend people-adults and juveniles-charged with any felony or serious misdemeanor crime, including the following:
- Violent crimes from murder to assault, including homicide, vehicular homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping, child sexual assault, and many cases of domestic assault.
- Theft charges of robbery, armed robbery, and carjacking.
- DUI/DWI charges of all types-Attorney Gibson regularly assists individuals facing DUI and DWI charges in New Mexico.
- White collar crimes at the state and federal level, including embezzlement, computer crimes, fraud, identity theft.
- Drug crimes at the state and federal level, including possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to sell, sale and manufacture.
- Sex crimes from public lewdness (a charge that can ruin a career) to sexual assault, date rape, prostitution and human trafficking, possession of child pornography and internet pornography.
- First Amendment cases for overzealous application of Texas obscenity and pornography laws. I represent a number of businesses who have faced obscenity charges for the sale of adult oriented products.
- Juveniles charged in adult or juvenile court for any type of criminal offense. In Texas, parents are responsible for the actions of an underage child, so I represent both the young person and his/her parents as defendants in criminal and civil lawsuits.
In addition to the above criminal cases, I also handle specialized cases that few other El Paso attorneys can or will handle such as:
- Court martial defense for personnel from Fort Bliss and other military bases in the Southwestern U.S. I represent clients facing charges ranging from murder to rape, and drug charges to theft. The military will provide you with a defense attorney. In my experience, these attorneys are very dedicated and well qualified to handle any criminal case, but they are also overworked. Clients often hire me as co-counsel with their military attorney to ensure their case receives the attention it needs.
- Extradition cases to prevent people arrested in Texas, New Mexico, or Colorado from being extradited to another state for felony charges.
- Habeas Corpus cases involving illegal restraint, such as when bail is set unconstitutionally high, or a person is detained or arrested at a courthouse or airport. These are highly unusual cases and I have a statewide reputation for expertise in this area. I brought a landmark case regarding the statewide smoking ban.
- Forfeiture of money or property by state or federal law or drug enforcement officers in unlawful stops.
Clear Your Criminal Record: I help people who were arrested but not convicted or who have received deferred adjudication probation to seal or expunge their arrest record with orders of non-disclosure, or expunction. Contact me to ask what procedure might apply to your case.
Bail Reduction: Bail set too high is a problem for many clients. I will attend bond hearings to try to get your bail reduced so you can get out of jail while awaiting trial.
Contact my El Paso criminal defense law office if you’re facing serious felony or misdemeanor charges in criminal or military court in Texas, New Mexico, or Colorado. My office is adjacent to Interstate 10 near the courthouse in downtown El Paso. Free parking is available.
Estamos a sus órdenes si usted desea traducción
del español al inglés o al revés. .